woensdag 21 november 2012

Ari Magg: Nordic Light



OlafurRagnarGrimsson President of Iceland Ari Magg: Nordic Light
Olafur Ragnar Grimsson (President of Iceland)
Ari Magg’s great grandfather was a photographer. So was his great grandmother and his father. So it comes as little surprise that the passion was passed on to young Ari, who started assisting his father as soon as he was old enough to carry his bags. At the age of twelve, Ari started playing with his own camera. Today, he has his own studio in Reykjavik, Iceland.
“It’s a really small world up here,” says Ari. “I think there are less than ten people in Reykjavik working full-time as commercial photographers. There are probably a few more who’d like to get into the business, but it’s such a small market that there just aren’t enough jobs.”
Do you fight over the same jobs, or does each of you have your own style and set of clients?
“I can’t say that I’ve had to fight very much. I’ve had many of my clients for years now. There’s always a certain competition, I guess, but I think it’s healthy. It keeps you on your toes, you know?”

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten